FAQs Table of Contents
1.1 My Juicer is not turning on?
If your Juicer is not turning on, check for the following:
• Ensure that the juicer is turned, the plug of the juicer is plugged into a wall socket and the power supply from the wall socket is turned on.
• A Cold Press Juicer, like the DNA Cold Press Juicer is designed not to turn on unless assembled correctly. Always ensure that the alignment dots on the bowl, the strainer and the lid are perfectly aligned.
1.2 Can I feed whole fruits and vegetables into my juicer or must I cut everything up?
If you own a Cold Press Juicer with a large feeding chute like the DNA Cold Press Juicer then you can feed most whole fruits and vegetables into your juicer except for the following exceptions:
• Cut up Leafy Greens and stringy vegetables like spinach, kale and celery into index finger length sections across the stem. This will reduce the chances of the stem section of the vegetable to wrap around the screw and block up the bowl therefore reducing juice flow.
• Cut large and hard root vegetables like beetroot and carrots into smaller wedges before feeding the juicer. This will improve the lifespan of your juicer, since root vegetables can be particularly hard therefore exerting strainer on the motor, gear and all working parts.
1.3 What is the best and easiest way to clean my Juicer?
Is is easier than ever before to clean your juicer if you own a DNA Cold Press Juicer:
• After juicing, feed a glass or two of water into your juicer whilst running the motor and allow the water to flush out any excess pulp left over in the bowl.
• Thereafter, remove the top section from the motor and rinse under water.
• Remove the rubber stopper from the underside of the bowl and flush our the pulp outlet.
• If necessary use the back of the supplied cleaning brush to scrape out any pulp that has lodged itself in the pulp outlet.
• Lastly use the bristles on the supplied cleaning brush to brush out any fibre that may have lodged itself in the holes of the strainer.
• One last rinse and allow to dry before assembling the juicer.
1.4 My Juicer is making a squeaking nose whilst juicing?
Whilst juicing carrots and other hard root vegetables you can expect to hear a squeaky noise. This noise i not actually coming from any mechanical components from within the Juicer but from the actual masticating a pressing action that occurs whilst juicing carrots and other hard root vegetables. By mixing up the ingredients that you are juicing, you can limit the amount of squeaking you hear.
1.5 My Juicer just stopped working?
Domestic Cold Press Juicers like the DNA Cold Press Juicer, are designed to only operate continuously for 30 minutes. Thereafter, the motor may become hot and trigger a safety switch that will turn the juicer off until the motor has had enough time to cool off. Usually about 30 minutes. If your juicer ever turns off unexpectedly, then allow time to cool off for 30 minutes before operating it again.
1.6 There is a lot of fibre or pulp in my juice?
By cutting up fruits and vegetables and feeding them slowly into the juicer, the resulting juice will contain less fibre and pulp. Also, the DNA Cold Press Juicer includes a sieve that fits on top of the jug, to eliminate fibre from juice, for those who prefer to drink juice with little or no fibre.
1.7 How do I get the best out of my Juicer
For the ultimate juice yield and fastest juicing, it is recommended that you cut up the majority of your produce into either index finger lengths if leafy greens or stringy vegetables and into wedges for soft, round fruit and hard root vegetables. Then feed this into the juicer in half-handful portions without overfeeding the juicer. Also remember to alternate between hard and soft fruits and vegetables whilst juicing and always finish with a harder fruit or vegetables to push out as much remaining pulp from inside the bowl as possible.
1.8 What is the difference between a Cold press Juicer and a Traditional Centrifugal Juicer
A Cold Press Juicer extracts juice with a slow turning screw or auger that presses and squeezes juice from fruits, vegetables, herbs and even grasses. Due to no friction, heat and oxidation the majority of Vitamins, Minerals and Live Enzymes are retained, making the resulting juice far more nutritious relative to the juice created from a centrifugal juicer. Also, a Cold Press Juicer is more effective at extracting juice from fruits and vegetables, resulting in less produce used for juicing and dryer pulp.
1.9 What is the Warranty period on the DNA Cold Press Juicer?
The DNA Cold Press Juicer, comes with a 10 Year motor and 1 Year Parts Warranty for Home Use only. The Warranty becomes void if used for Commercial Use.
2.1 What can I juice in a Citrus Juicer?
A Citrus Juicer like the DNA Citrus Juicer, is only designed to juice Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, lime and grapefruit.
2.2 What is the best and easiest way to clean my Citrus Juicer?
A Citrus Juicer like the DNA Citrus Juicer, is extremely easy to clean as follows:
• Remove the top section
• Rinse under water or place in dish washer
2.3 How many Oranges can I juice with the DNA Citrus Juicer?
The DNA Citrus Juicer, can juice up to 100 Oranges at one go. So therefore also applicable for light commercial use.
2.4 What is the Warranty period on the DNA Citrus Juicer?
The DNA Citrus Juicer, comes with a limited 2 Year Motor and 1 Year parts Warranty.
3.1 Can I use my blender for Commercial Applications like for a Juice Bar or Restaurant
A High Performance Blender like the DNA Super Blender, is perfect for home and commercial use like Juice and Smmothie Bars, Restaurants, Hotels and Guest Houses.
3.2 My Blender just stopped working
A High Performance Blender like the DNA Super Blender, has a sensor that protects the motor by turning the Blender off once the motor reaches a certain temperature. Allow the Blender to cool off for 30 minutes to allow the temperature of the motor to drop and then continues blending normally.
3.3 Can I make hot soups with a Super Blender?
A High Performance Blender like the DNA Super Blender, has a Soup Function that allows you to make steaming hot Soups from cooked vegetables in minutes. The lid is designed with air vents to allow hot air to escape, therefore eliminating any risk of pressure build up inside the jug.
3.4 Can a Super Blender crush and blend ice, hard nuts and seeds?
A High Performance Blender like the DNA Super Blender, crushes ice and hard nuts, seeds and berries with ease due to its extremely powerful 3HP Motor together with its 6-Blade, Serrated Blade Section. If you blend nuts for approximately 2 – 3 minutes and use the tamper to work the contents, you will end up with delicious and healthy nut butter.
3.5 Can I replace the blade section of my Super Blender?
With a High Performance Blender like the DNA Super Blender, all parts including the blade section and the Jugs are readily available to purchase as spares.
3.6 What is the Warranty period on the DNA Super Blender?
The DNA Super Blender, comes with a Full 3 Year Warranty for Home users and a limited 3 Year Motor and 1 Year parts Warranty for Commercial Users.